Sunday 5 May 2013

Detoxing from the back garden & other stories - Day 4 of my 30 Day Mind & Body Detox

I hope everyone is enjoying their bank holiday weekend in the sun?!

We have been down in the back garden today turning the return of the triffids into something resembling an open space... needless to say I am barely able to type this evening as every single bit of me hurts!

It might not look like much but this little spot is going to become our own organic allotment and chill-out zone... as soon as we get rid of all the weeds!

Anyway, today I feel like I'm finally starting to get to grips with the new detox daily routine :)  Sunday and Thursday mornings are the two days per week where I don't start my day with meditation, yoga and an hour of exercise in favour of a little lie-in and a calm and gentle morning. I still had my hot water and lemon drink and my freshly squeezed veggie juice (great for using up any limp salad too I learned today!), and even my tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar to wash down the supplements. Once all that is done that's basically it for the day in terms of new stuff to remember to do other than drinking what seems like GALLONS of water and sticking to the diet rules.

I'll be honest, I'm finding it hard to drink 3L of water per day, in fact, so far impossible :(  I haven't managed it yet even though I set aside two 1.5L bottles of Highland Spring on the sideboard in kitchen and label them 'Sarah 1' and 'Sarah 2' (sad, I know!) I'm drinking Highland Spring as, although water can't be organic, this water comes from organic land - I don't like the idea of drinking tap water because of all the nitrates absorbed from the land into the water table and all the chlorine and flouride added. I do get concerned about all those plastic bottles even though we recycle them... it's tough to know what the right thing to do is :-S

Even in the garden all day I struggled to down enough water so I am currently sitting with a scarily full bottle labelled 'Sarah 2' to finish before bed and all I'm thinking about is my poor bladder. They say that it takes the body a couple of weeks to get accustomed to drinking more water and then the constant peeing should stop(!) 

More water talk to finish my blog tonight as, after all this hard work in the garden, I had definitely earned a relaxing bath while my partner made supper (a girl could get used to this!)

And what a bath I had! I went totally pamper-mad with a dead sea salts bath to detox, tone and soothe my aching muscles. I also exfoliated with the gorgeous Seaweed body scrub from Neal's Yard Remedies and did a mini-treatment for my face with the gentle Rose facial polish to scrub and the White Tea enriching mask to soothe and rehydrate. I love this mask as it is super hydrating and plumping for those fine lines but also really high in anti-oxidants to mop up any free radicals from the sun today and great for cooling and calming rosy skin... lovely.

I finished with the gorgeous Beauty Sleep body butter and am now tucked up in the duvet all snoozy and ready to sleep like a baby! Busy day tomorrow visiting mum and my gorgeous godson so we'll see how eating lunch and supper at other people's houses goes in terms of sticking to the detox! At least I know what I'll be drinking... water water water water waterzzzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment